Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation.
Gusto offers a 360° level of integration.
This guide will help you set up your integration as well as help you understand your specific responsibilities for the proper administration and submission of payroll files.
- Is My Version of Gusto Compatible With the Integration?
- What is payroll integration and how does my integration work?
- How Do I Initiate My Integration Setup?
- What Are My Responsibilities if I Have an Active Payroll Integration?
- What does OregonSaves handle for me if I have an active payroll integration?
- How Do I Disconnect My Integration?
- Are There Any Reasons Why My Company Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
Is My Version of Gusto Compatible With the Integration?
Gusto offers several products that have similar names. Below is a list of the integration-compatible product/version names offered by Gusto 👇
Gusto (Simple, Plus, or Premium)
Visit https://gusto.com/product/pricing for more information on your Gusto product.
What is a payroll integration and how does my integration work?
A payroll integration is a process in which OregonSaves will receive demographic information about your employees and their payroll contributions via an automated feed directly from Gusto on each pay date.
Your integration is a 360° automated integration. This is a two-way integration in which OregonSaves will automatically receive certain information about your company and employees from your payroll system, process employee contributions to OregonSaves, and automatically send your employee's selected deferral elections from their OregonSaves employer portal to your payroll provider..
How do I initiate my integration setup?
From your Vestwell portal go to the Contributions tab and select the gear icon
This will bring you to the Payroll Setup page, select the ‘Connect to Gusto’ button
Sign in to your Gusto Account
Confirm you would like to connect to Gusto and share data with Vestwell and vice versa
What Are My Responsibilities if I have an Active Payroll Integration?
Our ability to successfully process your payroll files and administer your integration depends on you! It is your responsibility to:
Add/ Edit Pay Groups
- Make sure any pay groups in your payroll system are also set up at OregonSaves and vice versa. To edit a pay group name or set up new playgroups please see “How to add or change a pay group in your OregonSaves account.”
Employee Status Changes - Payroll System
- Make updates in your payroll system. Be sure to include a specific date when making these status changes in your payroll system
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system - including date of birth, social security number, and email address.
Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- Report any pay frequency or pay schedule changes to OregonSaves.
Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your employees regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or from your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided to us will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
What does OregonSaves handle for me if I have an active payroll integration?
OregonSaves State IRA
- Set up and maintain certain deduction/earnings codes within your payroll system. Because the integration manages the codes, do not change the deduction code: "Vestwell State IRA"
- Please note: If you have any existing IRA codes in Gusto, these codes will need to be deleted by you, the employer, prior to the first pay date to prevent duplication of deductions for your employees.
Employee Deferrals - First Payroll
- Four business days prior to your first pay date with OregonSaves, we will use the employee deferral rates in the OregonSaves portal to set employee elections in your payroll system.
Employee Deferral Updates
- Ongoing deferral changes made in the OregonSaves portal by eligible employees will be set in your payroll system within two business days.
- Process employee deferrals which are maintained by the integration shortly after you run payroll in your payroll system. Even if you process your payroll early, OregonSaves will not process the contributions file before the actual pay date.
How do I disconnect my integration?
To turn this off simply select ‘Disconnect’ under the integration status.
If you change payroll providers, it is your responsibility to inform us so that we can work with you to disconnect your integration and assess whether integration with a different payroll provider is available. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you.
Are there any reasons why my company might not be eligible for an integration?
There are some company features that currently prohibit the use of this payroll integration, including:
- Multiple logins with Gusto is not supported by the integration
- Funding source that is either paper check or ACH push
- Participation in two separate state mandated Auto-IRA programs (i.e. OregonSaves & MarylandSaves)
- Multiple pay groups, one of which consists of only ineligible employees