Since our platform has an integration with your payroll provider, we can take a lot of work off your plate regarding the processing of your payroll files through automation.
Quickbooks Online Payroll offers a 360° level of integration.
This guide will help you set up your integration as well as help you understand your specific responsibilities for the proper administration and submission of payroll files.
- Is My Version of Quickbooks Compatible With the Integration?
- What is a payroll integration and how does my integration work?
- How Do I Initiate My Integration Setup?
- What Are My Responsibilities if I Have An Active Payroll Integration?
- What does OregonSaves handle for me if I Have An active payroll integration?
- How Do I Connect My QuickBooks Intergrations?
- How Do I Disconnect My Integration?
- Are There Any Reasons Why My Company Might Not Be Eligible for an Integration?
Is My Version of Quickbooks Compatible With the Integration?
Intuit offers several products that have similar names, but not all are covered by this integration. Below is a list of all common product/version names offered by Intuit and their compatibility with the integration 👇
- QuickBooks Online Payroll
❌ Not Supported
- QuickBooks Desktop*
- Intuit App Center
- Intuit Online Payroll
- QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks Payroll
- QuickBooks Paycheck
- QuickBooks Payments
- QuickBooks Time
*clients with QuickBooks Desktop can potentially upgrade to Quickbooks Online Payroll - check out this article from Intuit for more information.
What is a payroll integration and how does my integration work?
A payroll integration is a process in which OregonSaves will receive demographic information about your employees and their payroll contributions via an automated feed directly from QuickBooks Online on each pay date.
Your integration is a 360° automated integration. This is a two-way integration in which OregonSaves will automatically receive certain information about your company and employees from your payroll system, process employee contributions to OregonSaves, and automatically send your employee's selected deferral elections from their OregonSaves employer portal to your payroll provider.
Please note, the Quickbooks Online integration will only allow employees to elect deferrals in percentages, dollar amount deferrals will not be an option.
How do I initiate my integration setup?
To connect your Quickbooks Integrations please follow the below steps:
- From your Vestwell portal go to the Contributions tab and select the gear icon ()
- This will bring you to the Payroll Setup page, select the ‘Connect to QuickBooks’ button
- Sign in to your QuickBooks Online Account
- Confirm you would like to connect to QuickBooks Online and share data with Vestwell and vice versa
Once the connection has been established you will see that your QuickBooks Online integration is ON.
There may be a few action items for you to complete along the way--prompt completion of these action items is crucial to ensure a timely setup!
What Are My Responsibilities if I Have An Active Payroll Integration?
Our ability to successfully process your payroll files and administer your integration depends on you! It is your responsibility to:
- Add/ Edit Pay Groups
- Make sure any pay groups in your payroll system are also set up at OregonSaves and vice versa. To edit a pay group name or set up new playgroups please see “How to add or change a pay group in your OregonSaves account.”
- Employee Status Changes - Payroll System
- Make updates in your payroll system. Be sure to include a specific date when making these status changes in your payroll system
- Maintain complete, accurate, and up-to-date personal information within your payroll system - including date of birth, social security number, and email address.
- Pay Frequency/Schedule Changes
- Report any pay frequency or pay schedule changes to OregonSaves.
- Review Payroll Data
- We rely on you to provide us with correct, updated, and complete data about your employees regardless of whether we receive that data directly from you or from your payroll provider. Regular audits and spot checks of the data provided to us will help you quickly identify and rectify any discrepancies.
What does OregonSaves handle for me if I Have An active payroll integration?
- Vestwell Integration - State IRA Contributions
- Set up and maintain certain deduction/earnings codes within your payroll system. Because Vestwel manages the codes, do not change this information unless expressly told to do so by your Vestwell Representative.
- Employee Deferrals - First Payroll
- Four business days prior to your first pay date with OregonSaves, we will use the employee deferral rates in the OregonSaves portal to set employee elections in your payroll system.
- Employee Deferral Updates
- Ongoing deferral changes made in the OregonSaves portal by eligible employees will be set in your payroll system within two business days.
- Employee Status Changes - OregonSaves Portal
- When you add, rehire or terminate employees in your payroll system, the changes will be reflected in the OregonSaves portal.
- Processing Contributions
- Process employee deferrals which are maintained by the integration shortly after you run payroll in your payroll system. Even if you process your payroll early, OregonSaves will not process the contributions file before the actual pay date.
How do I disconnect my integration?
To turn this off simply select ‘Disconnect’ under the integration status.
If you change payroll providers, it is your responsibility to inform us so that we can work with you to disconnect your integration and assess whether integration with a different payroll provider is available. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you.
Are there any reasons why my company might not be eligible for an integration?
There are some company features that currently prohibit the use of this payroll integration, including:
- Multiple logins with QBO is not supported by the integration
- Funding source that is either paper check or ACH push