What is the IRS Form 1099-R form?

If you make a withdrawal from your IRA, you will receive IRS Form 1099-R, which is a tax form that details all of the withdrawals you made throughout the tax year from your account. If you take money out of your retirement account for any reason, you’ll get Form 1099-R. A 1099-R form is called the “Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement, or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.”

To ensure that you properly handle matters on your federal income tax return, please consult a tax advisor and learn more about Form 1099-R from the IRS directly.